What is Business Process Automation Software?
Business Process Automation or BPA is the integration of varied business processes with modern application development to meet changing market demands. It increases efficiency and control costs across the organisation. A Marketing Automation Software goes beyond just data management and records to advanced software systems and programs that integrate all your processes. Automation can help your company in maintaining control over various issues, such as customer relationships, planning, sales, standardisation, and development. It can target not just complicated information technology tasks, but also programs like email marketing services. Sales and Marketing Automation analyses financial data such as customer patterns, stock exchange rates, supply and demand, market trends and more, and aids in predicting lucrative future investments. Devising an efficient marketing system ensures a smooth flow of business operations.
Need for Business Process Automation Software in Accounting Firms
Accounting firms deal with a lot of data, in terms of numbers and information. This data has several stakeholders and the values and figures can have severe business impact. This makes this data more confidential and has to be treated with the utmost precision. Most of the workflows are inter-connected and inter-dependent on each other. A BPA software can simplify several processes in between such as rules-based functions to execute reconciliations, analytical procedures, and dual-purpose procedures. Considering this scenario, automating the process using a Business Process Automation Software reduces the overall friction arising out of dealing with copious amounts of data. A Business Automation Software helps in the following ways:
- Operational stability and internal controls – Employing a BPA at a finance firm creates a direction for the workflow. Standardised processes allow organisations to ensure that workflows and outcomes are predictable, consistent, and precise. It also aids in minimising waste of resources, improves accuracy, and ensures consistent compliance.
- Lesser errors – As the system becomes automated, the possibility of human error that could creep in the case of a manual entry can be eliminated.
- Sustainable – With the movement into a digital system, the need for books, journals and such similar physical documents is completely displaced. This means less wastage of paper, making the world a better place to be.
- Improved productivity – By bringing in technology, employees can move over from trivial clerical work to ones that require more attention and precision. Apart from increasing the productivity of the workforce it also gives them a sense of gratification when they realise that their work renders business impact.
- Cost effectiveness –Digitalising the process can reduce customer service and transaction costs. The obvious increase in accuracy itself can help in bringing down unwanted compensation costs that might have to be borne in case of errors.
- Better understanding of audit processes – By employing a BPA, auditors can reallocate their time to more value-added activities, which will inherently increase audit quality. Auditors can also gather better understanding of the client’s business operations and therefore be able to more precisely assess the risks involved.